- Bible study
- Christian Evidences
- Christian Living
- Ella Rodionoff
- New Testament
Apr 13, 2016 1158
I recently came down with a cold. And just like anytime I’m sick I had three options:
- Try to continue life the same way despite the loss of energy and concentration, ignore it, and tell myself that my cold isn’t that bad.
- Come up with my own ideas on how to get better.
- Follow the advice of a doctor who knows what I should do so I get better, not worse.
I had to admit, option 3 was the best option.
However, I only had a cold, and that goes away soon enough. But we all have a more serious condition. We are all sinners. And sin doesn’t just go away. Sin is terminal.
But we still have basically the same three options.
- We can continue with life, ignore our sins or tell ourselves that our sin isn’t that bad.
- We can try to get rid of our sin our own way, such as by trying trying harder or trying to earn forgiveness.
- We can go to Jesus who knows how to get rid of sin, and in fact will forgive it and take it away forever.
All need to do is accept his forgiveness and grace through faith. Romans 3:23-24 tells us:
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ.
Again, I think that option 3 is the best option.